Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Few Paphs Getting Ready

Flower buds have begun to appear on a few Paphs, 

P.Wellesleyanum



P. godefroyae 'alba'



P. concolor


This plant was bought from one of the Garden Festivals in SunTec City. It survived a bacteria attack and is now stronger than ever.  The thing about bacteria attack is to act fast, cut deep and drench with Physan.  Then pray.

P. Honey

P. Honey is a hybrid between P.primulinum and P.philippinense. I have two plants and so far i am not having major problems growing them.  The plants came with flowers when i bought them from Song Orchids a few months ago.  

This plant actually tried flowering after the orginal flowers withered but the flower spike was mal-formed and it did not succeed.  The most recent flower spike looks normal and hopefully we will be seeing some flowers soon.  



1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to share my blog about orchids my husband is culturing. Our philippinesis is really great this year, please check my post from yesterday. I think you can appreciate it. My blog is Arne's Orchid Corner.

    ReplyDelete