Sunday, April 26, 2009

Paph. dianthum

I bought this dianthum from my favourite market about a year ago. It was in a carton box together with lots of bulbophyllums and dendrobiums. I managed to pull 2 paphs out from this box. This dianthum was one of them and the other should be an exul. This dianthum was a 2- growth plant and although it was huge (leaves 2.5 inch wide and 1.25 ft long), it had no roots. It was a real gamble back then but now it is all worth it. I had to really stabilise it cos it had no roots and also try not to "look" at it too much cos sometimes the more you leave them alone the better.

This was a picture taken on 12-04-2009. The 2 flower buds were quite well developed then. The leaves in the background are those of my cymbidiums. This flower spike is very long so cannot see the huge leaves in this pic.


This was a close-up of the bigger bud.


The flower fully opened on 26-04-2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment